VIÑAS ERRAZURIZ OVALLE was founded by Francisco Javier Errazuriz. The family is closely connected with Chilean history.
DON FRANCISCO JAVIER ERRAZURIZ arrived from a Spanish village in the province of Navarra. The descendants have always played an important political role : since 1811 at least one member of the family has been actively involved in the republic affairs, either as a member of Parliament or Senate.
OVALLE : the family is linked with Conquer Period of Chile : Don Agusto De Ovalle founded what is currently known as the Ovalle City, the capital before Santiago up to 1512.
The Errazuriz-Ovalle family’s interests are very diversified:
- Mining (iodine, gold, silver)
- Forest (40000 hectares)
- Distribution (supermarkets in Chile and in Argentina)
- Fishing (20 boats)
- Farming: 30000 hectares (vegetable, fruit, salmon, cattle)
- Car distribution (Renault, Nissan)
- Valle del Rapel : Colchagua-Marchigüe
- Valle del Maule : Molina-Lontue
- Total available land: 200 000 hectares
- Development of coastal vineyards:
- Pichilemo: 50 hectares